Paper TL;DR : We introduce a differentiable approach to search for phylogenetic trees. We optimize the tree and ancestral sequences to reduce the total evolutionary steps (parsimony cost).
- Poster - https://ramith.fyi/assets/pdf/Diff-Evol-Trees_ICML.pdf
- Paper (On bioRxiv) - https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2023.07.23.550206v1
- Paper (On Open Review) - https://openreview.net/forum?id=K27V4MUYjV
- Github - https://github.ramith.io/diff-evol-tree-search
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/ramith__/status/1683073409952153600
Update 2023.09.19 : Eric J. Ma has written a very detailed article on our paper's key contribution : making the trees and sequences differentiable. You can read it here. It does a great job at explaining our method.